Many people find the editing phase of writing to be the most difficult and perhaps it should be. It’s the most the most critical point of creative writing. It’s far more difficult for even the most talented writer to find a way to correct grammar in your writing for a first draft!
After finishing the first draft, it’s usually best to take a short break and step away from the project for a little while to gain perspective. When you come back, take the time to read what you’ve written aloud to see how it sounds. Many times, when you read aloud, you can catch things that do not sound correct. You’ll catch some of your grammatical mistakes during this phase.
Some of the more difficult things to catch are going to be caught by extensive study of the English language or by grammar correcting software. This isn’t something to be ashamed of using in the least. I know for a fact even grammar teachers use the grammar tools within word processing applications. The funny thing is I knew one that even used this grammar correcting software to grade papers!
Not only is it helpful to use a software to correct grammar in your writing, it’s helpful to learn the correct grammar. If the software finds something, take the time to find out “why” the grammar is incorrect unless it’s just blatant. Then, smack yourself for missing it during the “reading aloud” portion of your editing. Did you know there was even software available that can help you correct your grammar while writing status updates on Facebook, forum posts, and even while writing articles?
One of the other big things that people tend to miss by not using a grammar correcting software is spelling mistakes. Believe it or not, spelling mistakes stand out like a sore thumb to many readers and can essentially negate any good information that you’ve provided. Many readers will relate spelling and grammar mistakes to the education and ability of the writer. So, be careful. Use that spell check! Don’t have a good spell checker? I’ll tell you about a free one at the end of this article.
I hope that you’ve found this article useful in your yearning for more knowledge for correct grammar and spelling in your writing endeavors. I wish I could cover so much more in this article like the correct use of “your” and “you’re”, but there’s hardly enough room to cover many of these topics without an entire website dedicated strictly to grammar and spelling!
Read More: http://ezinearticles.com/?How-to-Correct-Grammar-in-Your-Writing&id=4899737
- correct grammar
- how to correct an essay
- how to correct grammar
- how to correct essays
- correct grammar for essay writing
- correcting grammar
- How does correct punctuation help your research essay?
- how to correct writing
- correcting essays gramar
- essayon word processing
Article writing is an excellent way to earn extra money, gain traffic to a website, and to build an online presence. One of the best things about article writing is that you don’t have to be a genius or have experience in order to write articles.
If you are considering writing articles online or need to write them and have been afraid to take the first step, here are a few tips to help you get started.
- Write like you speak. Think of a topic you know a lot about. Animals, pets, parenting, anything. Write a paragraph about your chosen topic. Pretend you are talking to a close friend or family member. Repeat this process and soon you’ll feel more comfortable about writing.
- Set a timer (a small kitchen timer works great) for 10 minutes and write everything you can think of about your chosen topic. Write as fast as you can so you can get as much information down as possible before the timer goes off. You don’t have to write full sentences. You can make a list instead. Use this list in creating content.
- Learn to use the spell checker on your word processing system. The check spelling command is usually shown by an icon that has “abc” with a checkmark on it or beneath it. Using spell check will reduce spelling errors, one of the biggest distractions in reading copy.
- When you must write articles about a topic you aren’t familiar with, one of the quickest ways to learn about a topic is to visit the children’s section of the local library. Books meant for kids often condense the most important parts of a topic into easily readable sections.
- Just do it. Every article begins with a blank sheet of paper or a blank screen. You can always erase or delete after you have something on the paper.
- Read. Read. Read. Read what others are writing in articles and on blogs. Read newspapers. Read books. Reading will increase your awareness of topics, lead to more article ideas and improve your vocabulary, all at the same time.
You can write articles, even if you’re a total newbie. You don’t have to have a college education, or even a high school one. You just need passion for a topic (or the ability to inspire passion) and self-motivation.
Fragments and Run On Sentences
Students usually find themselves either with a long winded sentence or one that is not a good idea. This is a really common trouble one of professional writers. Usually, someones will either have problem with one or the another, but in many cases some releases are a trouble.
Spell check will get fragments and keep going sentences for the author to correct earlier becoming the essay in. Run on sentences are easy to spot because they’re 2 individual sentences sandwiched together. They may be corrected by just supplying punctuation, and therefore separating the sentences. For fragment sentences it’s critical to show a freestanding idea in the sentence.
Proof reading isn’t all that fun and nope one likes to make it, but it’s imperative for a literary essay. When we pointed out originally spell check doesn’t catch every type of mistake that may be recovered in regular writing. It only acquires some minutes to scan over each and every sentence checking that they are clean thoughts, have the correct words and make sense. Proof reading increases grades by about ten to twenty points all single time.
Most professors and teachers take that if the students would have reread or proofed the paper earlier turning it in, they’d have got a practically better good. In a few cases those extra points could mean the difference between passing and breaking the entire class, or acquiring entrance into a school of choice. Whenever possible having someone additional read over the paper or proof it as well can help, sometimes the writer understands the concept, but the reader can not be able to understand.