Scholarship letters are written to gain an annual monetary facility from concerned associations and committees. These letters are written in a typical format with proper language to convince the concerned authority. The letters are written by the student to schools, colleges and institutes. These letters are considered pertaining to nominations and recommendation for scholarship and are fruitful when accepted by the concerned authority. Sometimes, such letters are refereed by staff or the previous institution of the student.
To write an effective and convincing letter, consider the following instructions:
- Mention the Name, Designation with Department and institution name of the concerned authority.
- Address the Concerned person with appropriate prefix.
- Concentrate on all the important points which should be included in the scholarship letter. All the information regarding the candidature should be true and valid to claim the scholarship. Start writing with introduction and write if there is any reference of professor or teacher. An informative letter can persuade the authority to consider sender’s application.
- Write all the grades and marks of the examinations. Try to appeal the authority why the sender is the deserving candidate for scholarship program when there are a number of students applying for the same. Scholarship letter should be written in appealing language and must be error free.
- In third section, inform the authority in which division of college the sender can be contacted.
- Pay thanks & regards and close the letter.
- Write the Name, Roll number and Department of the Sender.